Monday, June 22, 2009

No regrets

I do not regret having the best BBQ of my life at the The Pig in Memphis. I don't regret all the beignets at the Café du Monde. I don't regret the mufuletta or the red beans and rice. I don't regret ordering iced tea so sweet you could stand a spoon up in it every day for a week. I don't regret the chips and candy road food. Furthermore, I don't regret not getting up to exercise because I've been staying up late with my husband watching True Blood, drinking red wine, and eating brown sugar ice cream.

So, I guess I can't regret that this morning I weighed 134.6 pounds.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Oh god. I'm drooling on my keyboard. Luckily I don't have access to beignets or I'd be out eating one right now. I don't regret yesterday's beach cheese, either, but for the next few weeks I'm sticking to fruit and fish - both of which I hope I can eat in large quantities and still drop a kilo. OK, sometimes there will be rice and beans, and I will like them.