Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eggs

I'm using Weight Watchers to count calories, but within my point allowance I've been loosely following the South Beach Diet and Precision Nutrition. Basically I'm trying to limit carbs and I'm trying to eat a fruit or vegetable plus a lean protein every two to three hours. This feels healthy and I think it helps me lose weight. As a former vegetarian getting in the fruits and vegetables isn't hard. The protein is harder, even though I'm eating meat now I don't want to eat it six times a day.

So, I eat a lot of beans and string cheese and greek yogurt and do weird things like mixing whey protein into my oatmeal. And I eat a lot of eggs. One of my favorite snacks is to boil an egg and replace the yolk with 2 Tbs of chipotle pepper hummus. Filling and just 1 point. On days when I lift weights my breakfast is often 1/2 cup of egg beaters scrambled with 1/2 cup of lentils and 1/2 cup of spinach. Lots of protein and fiber, 3 points.

I'm kind of in a rut with food lately, though, do either of you have favorite snacks or meals?

No comments: