Thursday, June 5, 2008

Woo!

Lady and gentleman, we have a blog!

I usually weigh-in on Friday. The time I spent with Ben & Jerry last night isn't going to help my cause at all, so I'm going to stick with the Friday plan this week. Plus I just ate breakfast (points in parens):

1 slice whole-wheat toast (1)
1/4 avocado (2)
5 oz. low-fat yogurt [homemade!] (2)

D has inspired me (as usual, and the point of this blog) to not do things I won't be proud of tomorrow, which includes but is not limited to raiding the EVIL jars at work.

I'm also going to bring a change of clothes to work today so I can participate in Run to Work Day tomorrow.

Here's my dilemma: Do I bring my lunch to work? In 99% of cases I would know the answer to that question would be a resounding "Yes!" possibly followed by a muttered "...Duh." BUT my place of employment provides a delicious meal every day. Sometimes though, the nutritional value is questionable, and I don't do well in a buffet-style setting (I'm not known for my self-restraint).

OK I secretly know the answer. Bring lunch. Partly I also hate being That Girl - the one munching on a salad and drinking Perrier while everyone else is having burgers and beer. I'm pretty sure I'm my own worst critic - my coworkers will just be all, "More falafel for us!" If they even notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

our buffet lunches are so hard to resist! it's always "i'll have one more delicious buttery biscuit" or "just a *little* more mac and cheese".
i say GFI in terms of bringing lunch. it's at least worth a try.