Thursday, February 19, 2009

Focus

Maintenance freaks me out. Losing weight is fine, I can pass up the ice cream or pizza or whatever because I'm losing weight, it's just temporary. It's the forever of maintenance that's a problem for me. Like all of us, I love food. But, I can't maintain this weight and also eat whatever I want whenever I want it. Settling in to maintenance is hard because a lot of the time I still have to choose something healthy that tastes fine but is not the Oh My God Delicious thing I really wanted. I think I'm going to try eating exactly what I want three times/week and eat for health and lower calories the rest of the time. Do you guys have strategies about this?



Also, I need a new goal to focus on. I still can't do chin-ups so I bought a chin-up bar, we'll see how this goes.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

love the chin up goal! and I totally hear you on maintenance sometimes i get so mopey thinking "and its going to be like this forever!" but actually i eat a lot of yummy food -- just not all of the time. here are some strategies that have worked for me:

-- identify meals that you don't care as much about (for me: breakfast during the week) and eat as healthy as possible then
-- save "treats" for when you're going out with others (I find it easier to be healthy when eating alone)
-- just because you're out with others doesn't mean you need/deserve a treat -- company is a treat of its own!
-- find super delicious healthy (or healthy-ish or at least *better*) food to love so you have good trade offs to offer yourself -- for me it's korean frozen yogurt (100 calories) hot chocolate (made at home less than 100 cals)

Gillian said...

Jesus christ, is that your back?

Candace said...

Oh, God no, that is not me. I'm actually kind of disappointed about how little visible muscle definition I have at this weight. I think the freckles work as camouflage.

Anonymous said...

You should buy some bands. It will take some weight off of you until you can do them without assisstance. http://tinyurl.com/yunironwoody