Saturday, August 23, 2008

The plan

Ok, I'm back. For a day anyway. I've been hovering around 143.6 all week. No exercise at all, diet has not been a focus. This morning I got back on the wagon with the "B" workout from Turbulence Training 2k6. That workout is hard even when I haven't just taken a week off. I'm glad to be pulling out of the tailspin.

Tomorrow we're going to Chicago for a short family trip. We'll be visiting the Museum of Science and Industry, Millennium Park, and the Shedd Aquarium. We'll be staying in a hotel with a waterpark. We're planning to stop at Green Zebra tomorrow for brunch so we'll start out with good food. After that I imagine we'll be around a lot of "kid friendly" food like hot dogs and pizza. That just isn't worth it so I'll bring low point snacks like string cheese and almonds. I'm planning to work out at the hotel gym at least twice, I'm actually really looking forward to exercising somewhere other than our basement.

Next weekend is Vancouver. We're celebrating our 10-year anniversary by taking a trip with just the two of us for the first time since becoming parents. We're going to eat at every good restaurant we can find, screw points. We may do the four-hour bike tour of the city one day and go to the indoor climbing gym another day. Or, we may just sleep in, get massages, and order room service.

I'll do an official weigh-in again next Tuesday and go from there.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Woo hoo! Hot dogs: not worth it. Fancy dinners in Vancouver: worth it. Poutine: definitely worth it. Have the best trips! PS: Awesome sushi in Vancouver, and dare I say it's points-friendly? :-)