Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thinking Differently

Back in February I spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico with my special friend and another couple (who are, it should be noted, both naturally very skinny). When we stopped at the grocery store for snacks we inevitably ended up with a bag of Cheetos, and in both cases polished off the bag that same night.

This past weekend in Oregon, we made some healthier decisions. On Saturday morning, we shared breakfast: Eggs Benedict with fresh crab meat (and the sauce on the side). At a picnic in the afternoon, I ate a single slice of pizza, and chose the veggie option. Then we stopped at Safeway to buy snacks before dinner, and bought blueberries, veggies, and beef jerky (which is surprisingly project-friendly). At dinner on Saturday night, we shared a sandwich, and had a side salad instead of fries. We weren't perfect and we didn't even attempt to count POINTS, but I'm hoping that these choices will be evident when I weigh in on Friday.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Weird coincidence, I'm eating beef jerky right now! Lots of protein for the calories.

I think being aware is the main thing, it sounds like you made a lot of good choices.