Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Post Formerly Titled "Hiatus"

I've been half-assed this week.

It started on the weekend when I didn't get enough sleep, and had several early mornings in a row. The past three days at work I've been snacking on peanut M&Ms without counting them at all. Just now I realized that I'm not actually hungry - I had a healthy, satisfying lunch - I'm just tired. And tired leads to snacky (for me, anyway).

For inspiration I perused the WW boards this afternoon. Someone had written: "sometimes a cookie is just a cookie - it's not a free pass to eat for the rest of the day."

It's a tough lesson to learn. I'm expecting a gain this week, but I'm not going on hiatus from the blog or from eating properly and counting POINTS, because when I eat healthier I feel healthier, and that's important.

1 comment:

Candace said...

We had a death in the family and then trips to Chicago and Vancouver next week. I'm going to try to maintain and exercise when I can. I'm planning to be back to the blog and the active weight loss after labor day.