Monday, July 28, 2008

Extolling the Virtues

First, Candace, I'm SUPER proud of you! You are kicking ass! (Your own! haha)

And that's a great idea for cooking oatmeal. I'm going to have to try it. Yum!

Second, D, where are you? Don't make me send out an APB or something.

Now, onto my big soapboxy rant about why WW is so awesome. Yesterday I ran a half-marathon. On Saturday I was all, I'm totally not counting POINTS on Sunday if I run 13.1 miles! But then I did, and I added up my Activity Points (17!), and I stayed within range (even with the extra bowl of ice cream). Here's the thing: If I hadn't been doing WW, or had thrown caution to the wind yesterday, it's likely that I would have gone out for breakfast after the race and eaten something cheesy and with a side of bacon, and then eaten a burrito for dinner, and also would probably have had another encounter with my other boyfriends. Then on Friday I'd wonder why I hadn't lost weight even though I ran a half-marathon. As it was, I weighed my bagel in the morning, counted the Gatorade and Gu I had along the course, ate a Zone bar in the afternoon when I woke up from my nap STARVING, and counted both bowls of ice cream.

Total POINTS consumed yesterday: 32.5. I didn't skimp or let myself be hungry, and I treated myself at night - I just also didn't eat when I wasn't hungry. The increased awareness is good times.

No comments: