Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lookin' Good, Cupcake

After my run this morning I stepped on the scales and happily weighed 153.8.

Then I came to work and ate 2 cupcakes.

Here's how it went down:

Today is our (fabulously amazing) office manager's bday. I went out just before lunch to pick up some treats for her, and decided I'd indulge in just one. I did, but it was carrot (it had coconut on top so I thought it would be coconutty but I thought WRONG). Don't get me wrong; I love me some carrot cake as much as the next girl. But it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted light, fluffy, sugary, cupcakey goodness.

I counted it as 6 POINTS.

Later, I debated having another one.

G: can I eat another cupcake? what do you think?

K: i'd advise against

G: hrm

G: :-\

K: i know

G: :-(

K: i think you'll be immediately glad for eating a cupcake

K: but once the flavor leaves your mouth

G: oh I WILL

K: there will be not-gladness

G: OK

G: you're right

K: so, without the cupcake

K: you won't be stressed about having wine later

G: that's true

G: OK

G: 2 glasses of wine tonight

K: 6 points is just major

K: that is

K: it's a big trade

K: and it's not the filling kind either

G: I know. But I feel whiny about it.

K: you will end up paying in hunger, too.

G: Like, "but I ran! And my 35 points!"

G: but you're right.

G: :-|

K: you were happy when you came in under 154 this morning, too

K: :)

G: I know!

But then I ate another one anyway! For accuracy's sake, I checked the interwebs for nutritional information for cupcakes. These were from Burgers and Cupcakes and they seemed to be about the same size as a Magnolia cupcake. So I Googled and found this NPR article, which estimates the cupcakes have 389 calories and nearly 19 grams of fat. Ho. Ly. Shit. That's NINE POINTS each. That's EIGHTEEN POINTS' worth of cupcakes.

Worth it? Emphatically no. A better option would have been to eat half the carrot cake one (since I didn't know) then go for half the blueberry one (which was waaaay more satisfying anyway).

Recording it for posterity, and chalking it up to experience. I'm still left with 25.5 weekly points, of which I'll just steer clear.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Way to go for recording the points! That's one thing I love about WW, you can decide if something is worth it or not. And if afterwards you decide it wasn't, well, it's just a minor dent in those 35 points.