Sunday, July 20, 2008

Menage à...

So yeah, there was this wedding in Vermont. And you know what comes from Vermont, right?

Backing up a bit, I got up yesterday morning to get to the gym at 7 so that I could work out before we left for the wedding. HOW VIRTUOUS! Then I counted POINTS (non sequitur: that's how the write it on WW's website, POINTS, for emphasis or possibly because they couldn't trademark the word unless there were capital letters involved) all day, and even brought a turkey burger for the drive up so that I wouldn't be tempted by Pringles' siren song at any rest stops. I had about 10 POINTS going into the wedding, plus a weeks' worth of extras (35 to be exact).

But then, oh, then. Then there were Salty Dogs and red wine. I mostly avoided the cheese table and the passed hors d'oeuvre (mini Ruebens! mini PB&Js!) and ate a reasonable amount at dinner. So far so good, right? Until Ben & Jerry showed up.

Those guys are so seductive, I swear. You know, all swaggery with their New York Super Fudge Chunk and their Sweet Cream & Cookies (only available in Scoop Shops!). How could I say no?

I totally made out with them, of course. I could barely contain myself They didn't even have to come to me - they just hung out in the corner and I kept going back for more. My friends didn't even try to stop me - they were all "Go for it!" as I groped and licked and suckled at the sweet sweet teat of Vermont's finest.

I believe the hangover was worth it, but I'll let you know after my next weigh-in.

No comments: