Saturday, July 5, 2008

HBJ is Happening!

Thanks for declaring HBJ2 Gilly!  I'm feeling it!  Great work with the running (5k in 29 mins - as Yoav says "I am envy!") and working out!  I know nothing of good weight programs but let me know what you find.

The points and meeting are helping.  The group leader is an energetic, funny Scottish woman who I find entertaining.  The best part for me right now is just remembering what I know.  Remembering how I spread 21 pts over a day, remembering what quantity of food 21 pts even means in a day, remembering especially that there are a lot of other people who understand the challenges!   There are also new foods and recipes which sort of renew the program.  One thing that I think is new (or at least brought back) is the 'core' program vs. the regular 'flex' we know, where you count pts.  Check it out.

Climbing has been tough lately but I'm bouncing back - went last night with a woman who is easy going and around my level who is totally separate from Yoav and the crew.  It was fun and refreshing.  I need to get back to myself!  On Tuesday we went outdoor climbing - I was sooo upset at how I climbed.  It was truly a dog's breakfast.  I learned how much I can slide after a month or so of very infrequent climbing.  Anyway I'm back on the horse!

Running is going great!  I got a watch that times intervals and I'm in the midst of my ct5k running plan.  Sometimes gadgets are peripheral but sometimes one little thing like a stop watch with an interval timer makes all the difference!

Anyway - Off to the Loo!  Have a great weekend! 

xo

d

No comments: